Winter is known not only for the warmth of home, snowy days and nice family holidays, but also for the flu colds and epidemics. Unfortunately, except that it make us feel bad, the flu is also a killer of productivity in the office, and it has been proven that businesses lose millions because of it every year. How to reduce the negative effect? Very simple – by cleaning and disinfecting the office space regularly and following some easy steps:
Provide your employees with fresh citrus fruits and concentrated vitamins – such as vitamin C or zinc, as they help boost the immune system. Provide the office with tea, lemons, honey and ginger and encourage your employees to consume them regularly.
Maintaining personal hygiene
Good hygiene in the workplace will certainly limit the spread of viruses. Therefore, encourage your employees to do the following:
- Stay at home if they are sick and return to work at least 24 hours after the flu symptoms have passed to limit the spread of the infection;
- Wash your hands regularly with hot water and soap, especially before meals and after contact (shaking) with other people;
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing;
- To consume more water;
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose, as germs are often transmitted in this way;
- Avoid using other colleagues’ keyboards and phones;
- Disinfect your hands immediately after using the taps, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, elevator knobs, stair railings.
What to do?
- Provide liquid hand sanitizer and disinfectant wet wipes in the office and place them in an easily accessible and visible place.
- Post fun elegantly reminiscent messages (posters) on hygiene in common areas.
It has been shown that if viral bacteria come to the surface, they can cause infection for 48 hours. Therefore, regular cleaning with professional disinfectants, which kill up to 90% of germs, remains the best solution against the spread of influenza in the office. Particular attention should be paid to:
- Computers, keyboards, mice and printers;
- Telephones and earphones;
- Conference hall – table and chairs;
- Door handles, switches for lighting and air conditioning, remote;
- Shared spaces – kitchen, utility rooms, bathroom.
We are proven experts in neutralizing microbes. Therefore, if you want to ensure the healthiest environment in the office and reduce to a minimum the chances of spreading the flu during the winter season, contact us, to get a special offer for subscription cleaning.